Wetland Boat & Swamp Tours
Where else would you find the most intriguing wetland tours but in the Atchafalaya National Heritage Area? Check out all the listings below for a wide variety of boat and swamp tours.
UPPER ATCHAFALAYA AREA
- Bergerons on the Bayous Campground, 4895 Zach Road, Jarreau, LA
BETWEEN TWO RIVERS AREA
- Atchafalaya Lagniappe, LLC P. O. Box 259, 76680 Sexton Lane, Grosse Tete, LA 70740 225-648-2415 or 225-287-8045
- Last Wilderness http://www.lastwildernesstours.com Plaquemine, LA
225-659-2499 or 225-692-4114
- Tickfaw Water Taxi, 12475 River Highlands Drive St. Amant, LA 70774 http://tickfawwatertaxi.com
BAYOU TECHE CORRIDOR AREA
- Atchafalaya Experience, Henderson, LA. Mailing address: 338 N. Sterling Lafayette, LA 70501 http://www.theatchafalayaexperience.com
337-261-5150 or 337-277-4726.
- Bayou Vermillion Boat Tours, 501 Fisher Rd., Lafayette, LA 70508,
337-232-0789 or 337-233-4077
- Angelle's Whiskey River, 1365 Henderson Levee Road, Henderson, Louisiana
- 337-228-8567 (Combination swamp tour, bar, restaurant, riverside docks, and dancehall.)
- Atchafalaya Basin Landing & Marina, 1377 Henderson Levee Rd. Breaux Bridge, LA 70517 – Does regular and airboat tours. http://www.basinlanding.com 337-228-7880
- Cajun Country Swamp Tours, 108 Mills Ave. Breaux Bridge, LA 70517 http://www.cajuncountryswamptours.com
337-319-0010 or 337-332-6365
- Champagne's Swamp Tours, 1008 Roxy Dr. St. Martinville, LA 70582 http://www.champagnesswamptours.com
337-845-5567 or 337-230-4068
- Couret’s Atchafalaya Boat Tours, Henderson, LA http://www.couretsswamptours.com
337-234-2721, 337-296-1173 or Pager 337-272-8888
- LeBlanc Swamp Tours, 4939 Main Hwy, St. Martinville, LA
337-332-6546 or 337-654
- McGee's Landing Atchafalaya Swamp Tours, 1337 Henderson Levee Rd, Henderson, LA http://www.mcgeeslanding.com 337-228-2384
- Mequet Swamp Tours, 1399 Henderson Levee Rd., Henderson, LA
- Scully’s Swamp Tours 3141 Highway 70 Stephensville, LA
985-385-2388; seasonal by appointment only
- Airboat Tours, Inc., Marshfield Boat Landing off Highway 86, Loreauville, Louisiana, 337-229-4457
COASTAL ZONE AREA
- Attakapas Adventures L.L.C., Captain Ginger A. Rushing, 1324 Hwy. 401, Napoleonville, La. 70390 http://www.attakapasadventures.com/ 985-369-8588 or 985-637-8923
- Cajun Houseboat & Rentals Inc.
1201 Brashear Ave., Suite 438A, Morgan City, LA 70380,
(985) 385-6621 or (888) 508-5031, Anthony Brown, E-mail: email@example.com,
www.cajunhouseboats.com Rents houseboats, bayou-side cabins, day boats, canoes and kayaks. Bird and breakfast tours. Evening/night swamp tours. Bird and wildlife watching. Located within a chain of three lakes and miles of bayous.
- Cajun Jack’s Swamp Tours, 118 Main St., Patterson, LA http://www.cajunjack.com 985-395-7420
- Airboat Charters, Inc., Jamie's Landing, Theriot, LA, 70363, www.airboatcharters.com (985)872-0989 As a Native American and lifelong resident of Bayou Dularge, Captain John will take you on the ride of your life where you will be amazed at the beauty of the bayous, marshes and lakes. In the daytime, his customers often see oyster, shrimp, and crab boats at work, along with egrets, herons, and other marsh creatures. At night, shrimp jump on top of the water and marine life are visible through the water from above. By appointment only.
- Annie Miller's Son's Marsh and Swamp Tours, 3718 Southdown Mandalay Rd., Houma, LA, 70360, 985-868-4758 Enjoy Mandalay Wildlife Refuge, marsh, swamps, bayous, canals and wildlife. Hear about Alligator Annie. Learn about Louisiana's coastal erosion. Open 7 days a week. Please call for reservations. No credit cards.
- Atchafalaya Basin Backwater Tours, 6302 N. Bayou Black Dr., Gibson, LA, 70356, 985-804-4543 Three hour boat tour covering 15,000 years of history and ecology. Walking is part of the tour, so please dress appropriately. Tour leaves at 10:30am, seven days a week (weather permitting). Please call for reservations 24 hours in advance. No credit cards accepted.
- Bayou Black Airboat Service, Bayou Black Marina, LA 182, Gibson, LA 70356, 985-665-8571 www.bayoublackairboattours.com Customized tour deep into the swamp and marshes, credit cards not accepted.
- Cajun Tours, 709 May Street, Houma, LA 70360 985-872-6157, Showcasing swamps, plantations, Cajun culture (alligator hunter, net maker and musicians) with meal & lodging packages available. 9-5 daily, AE, MC, V credit cards accepted.
- Cajun Man's Swamp Cruise, Inc., 3109 Southdown Mandalay Rd., Houma, LA, 70360, www.cajunman.com, (985) 868-4625 - Musical Tour! Singer, songwriter "Cajunman" Ron Guidry conducts each tour showing birds, animals and alligators. French and English speaking tours available. Open Monday- Saturday. Tour times vary. Please call for reservations. No credit cards.
- Munson’s Swamp Tours, 979 Bull Run Road, Schriever, LA 70395, http://www.munsonswamptours.com 985-851-3569 Unique adventure by boat into pristine swamps untouched by man. Abundant wildlife, large gators handfed by tour operator. Two-hour tours offered daily. Please call for reservations. No credit cards.
- Wetland Tour & Guide Service, Falgout Canal Landing, Bayou Dularge, Theriot, LA, 70397, (985) 851-7578 www.wetlandtours.com Captain Wendy will take you through a cypress swamp, across lakes, and down bayous from freshwater to increasing salinity where you will see healthy areas degrading from marsh to open water. Along the way you will also see wading birds, water fowl, alligators, and aquatic plants. This educational tour brings to the forefront both the beauty and the plight of Louisiana's vanishing wetland. By reservation only.